Friday, July 29, 2011

My Top 4 Reality TV Guilty Pleasures

I need help. I'm addicted to reality television. I don't watch anything BUT reality television. I don't care if they're staged. I don't care if they're  fake. I don't care if reality television is mindless and  unsophisticated. I'm addicted.

The Bad Girl's Club premieres August 1 at 10:00 on Oxygen


I haven't really liked a bad girl since Tanisha Davis and Natalie Nunn, but still, The Bad Girl's Club is probably my guiltiest reality television pleasure. Every season, I shamefully watch as these tacky, drunk, sometimes, over-sexed girls vie for camera time. Honestly, it seems like each season they get rowdier and rowdier, and each year, I make my popcorn, grab me a Coke and watch the train wreck.


The Ultimate Merger will premiere August 4 at 9:00 p.m. ET on TV One.

Former America's Next Top Model contestant Tocarra Jones is looking for love.  I don't know what to think. Personally, outside of her losing her cool, and cursing out Dr. Ian on Celebrity Fit Club a few years ago, I had forgotten about her. It will be interesting to see if she can bring the drama like my favorite reality television and the show's predecessor Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth. Something tells me that the men will be more interesting than Tocarra. We'll see.



Jersey Shore will premieres August 4 at 10:00 p.m. on MTV

Fist pump! I love these kids! Truth of the matter is, I'd never party with them in real life (even if I were in my 20s), but it's so much fun to watch the hotmessness of it all. This season, I hope Ron and Sammie are not together. They are so pathetic to watch. They raise my blood pressure. I can't wait to see Mike "The Situation" get knocked out by Ronnie. It's been a long time coming. He is such a douche. I hope Snooki finds love. I hope Jwoww stays in love. I hope Deena is less clumsy. Pauly D needs more airtime, and Vinnie is a sweetheart. He doesn't need a tan.


Season 4 is expected to premiere this fall.


My favorite bad girls--of a particular age--are coming back this fall. I have loved all three seasons of the The Real Housewives of Atlanta.  Cynthia was nothing but a class act last season, but I'm very curious to see how her marriage is coming along. Something tells me that if the money isn't right, her husband, Peter, isn't going to be right.

Phaedra grew on me. I began to find her goofy one-liners and digs sort of funny. I wonder if she'll be more transparent this season. Her lies and half-truths drove me insane.

Kandi is such a nice, genuine woman, but she bores me a little. I would love for her to be more aggressive. I hate that she let's people walk all over her (Kim).

Sheree was unexpectedly calm last season. After her famous "Who gon' check me, boo" line, I thought she would be a little more drama-filled. She better bring it this time. I wonder if she's still an actress. Or designer? Or dancer? What. What does she do again?

Kim is my girl. I love the drinking, smoking and wigs. I'm excited to see how she is as a mommy. Let's pray that her son doesn't have to endure her singing lullabies.

And last, but certainly not least, NeNe. I love this chick! Call her names if you want, she's the reason to watch. I will say this, though, I hope she is nicer this season. She was a little too over the top, and approaching unlikeable last season. 


What reality shows are you addicted to?

No comments:

Post a Comment