Monday, May 23, 2011

Why A Man Shouldn't Cheat. Reason No. 25

Fatal Attraction 

The other day I watched Fatal Attraction. This movie has always given me the chills. Glenn Close played the hell out of this part. She was beyond crazy, and I'm almost positive, she made a few men consider marriage counseling over cheating back in 1987. So, what is the movie about? Cheating Man + Crazy Woman = Boiling Bunny. Ahhh! Whatever. Rent it!

Anyway, while watching the movie, I got to thinking. Yes. We all know that when a man cheats on his wife or girlfriend, he's going to break her heart, ruin the trust in the relationship and possibly rip apart his family, but has anyone ever thought about what that man has done to the other woman?

Hear me out.

What if the other woman doesn't know he's married? What if she really, truly, and deeply falls in love with him? Wait! What if she doesn't know he's  married, falls in love with him and is crazier than a fruit bat?

One of the most memorable lines in the movie is when Close's character says "I will not be ignored!" That one line set everything off, for me. So, I wondered. Before a man cheats, shouldn't he consider what could happen if the other woman refuses to be ignored, lead on, used up and thrown aside like garbage? Shouldn't he consider checking her medicine cabinet for "happy" pills before he proceeds? 

Check Out The Trailer
Weigh In

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely he should, but you should know what most of us dudes think with...Ask questions later lol.

    ReplyDelete