Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tattoos. Hot or Not?

Over the last few years, I've noticed a lot of women with tattoos. Lots of female celebs have them. Younger women. Older women. Even women who I would least expect to have them, have them.

I don't have any tattoos, but I would love to have a couple. In the right place, tattoos can be very sexy. Something really cute and feminine on the ankle or shoulder, maybe? 

As an esthetician, I see how dramatically the skin changes from your 20s to your 40s. And trust me, ladies, it changes. Now, don't get me wrong, there are lots of women in their 40s and beyond with radiant skin, but there are quite a few who aren't as lucky. A butterfly on soft, supple, 20-year-old flesh looks extremly different 40 years later.

My theory is, it's all about placement. If I ever get enough courage to get inked, I will definitely put it on a body part that's hidden from the sun and not going to shift. Tattooes on weathered, sun damaged, older skin are not hot, and I've witnessed, firsthand, the sexy cleavage tattoo as it's slowly morphed into the unsexy, slighty-lowered, cleavage tattoo. But still, I see sexy tats all the time that make me want to muster up the courage and just do it. Aww, what to do?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment